Skip to main content

Filing a Boarding Home Complaint

Rooming/boarding homes and free-standing residential healthcare facilities are found throughout the state. They exist to address the needs of people who are living in the area for a brief period of time as well as those who are unable to live without assistance but do not need medical care.

All of the locations are licensed by the Bureau of Rooming and Boarding House Standards and must meet specific social and safety requirements in order to operate under the law. As a prerequisite for license renewal, all are evaluated annually for the physical safety and social well-being of the resident population. 

Learn more about the Bureau of Rooming and Boarding House Standards by calling 609-633-6251.

To File a Complaint

If you would like to lodge a non-emergency formal complaint against a rooming/boarding home or free-standing residential healthcare facility in NJ, dial 2-1-1 and speak with a trained call specialist who will provide you with the phone number to be used for complaints in your county

Text this page to someone: