Family Success Centers
Community Support and Resources
Family Success Centers are community-based, family-centered, neighborhood gathering places where any community resident can go for family support, information and services. Centers are designed to enrich the lives of children by strengthening families and neighborhoods; provide integrated, locally-based services; reduce isolation and promote connections among family and community; and provide services in a warm and welcoming environment. Services are provided at no charge.
Core services include:
- Access to information on child, maternal and family health services, including linkage to publicly-funded health insurance programs and referrals to local health care services
- Development of "Family Success" plans, which address strengths and challenges and goals to address challenges which threaten to undermine family stability
- Economic self-sufficiency/employment related services/income security services
- Information & Referral Services (connection to off-site public and private resources)
- Life Skills training including the teaching of skills involving budgeting, nutrition, etc.
- Housing related services
- Parent education
- Parent-child activities
- Home visiting, consistent with the model of engagement approved by DCF's Family and Community Partnerships.
You can find a Family Success Center in your county by searching the NJ 2-1-1 resource database at the top of this page using the search term family success center or by accessing the information from New Jersey's Department of Children and Families website.
Page last modified/reviewed on July 18, 2016
If you know of additional resources that would be appropriate to include in this section, please let us know by contacting us via e-mail at email@example.com
back to top